RMI Services are committed to protecting your personal information and we take our responsibilities under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant laws very seriously.
As a registered data controller (Reg No: Z9597193) we have a responsibility to make sure you know why and how your personal information is being collected in accordance with relevant data protection law.
We collect, hold and process information, including personal information which we need to help us deliver services.
We will make sure that any personal information collected and used is done so in line with data protection principles. Your personal information will be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully
- Only used for specific purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and up to date
- Kept for an appropriate amount of time
- Protected using appropriate security safeguards.
What types of personal information do we collect and why?
Name, address, phone number, email addresses and other personal contact information for the purposes of delivering our services.
IP Addresses and Page Visits for the purpose of administering and maintaining our website.
Transactional data (including credit or debit card information, email addresses, Paypal ID (where applicable) for the purpose of taking payments for services.
What is our legal basis for processing information about you?
We use explicit consent to process your information to deliver our services.
We use legitimate interests to contact you about promotional offers and services you have expressed interest in.
Who is my personal information shared with?
At RMI Services we want to make sure you know where your data is going and who it is going to. We do not share or sell your information to any third parties. However, we may disclose personal information if instructed to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
What safeguards do you have in place to protect my personal information?
RMI Services will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
RMI Services will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
How long is my personal information being kept for?
We will only hold your personal information for a permitted amount of time either instructed by yourself, by law or best practice.
E-Commerce Clients personal information is held for 6 months after order date and then deleted.
Promotional Clients personal information is held for 7 months after promotion closure data and then deleted.
What rights do I have around my personal information?
We have a duty to inform you of not only why your personal information is being processed but what rights you have around your personal information too.
You have the right to:
- Be informed of how your personal information is being used
- Have access to information held about you, this is commonly known as a Subject Access Request (SAR)
- Have your personal information deleted in certain circumstances
- Have inaccuracies within your personal information corrected
- Restrict processing of your personal information until inaccuracies are corrected or if there is a dispute around the processing the personal information
- Object to processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Have your personal data transferred to another provider
- Be informed of where automated decision making (ADM) takes place and be given an option to opt out of ADM
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned about how your personal information is being used or managed. You can call them on 0303 12 1113 or use their online contact form
Do you share my personal information with anyone outside of the EU?
We do not transfer any personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
What about the other links on your website? Will those companies be sent my information?
Our website offers link to other websites of people that we work with. Each company is responsible for their own data and will have privacy policies in place for the services their company delivers.
What do I do if I have further questions?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
Post RMI Services Ltd, 18 Blackberry Business Centre, Brambleside, Uckfield, East Sussex TN22 1QQ.